If you love to note things in Windows 7 using the integrated tool, i.e. Sticky Notes, then you should need to back-up/sync your notes to the internet. You will be happy like me! I would never be afraid to lose my notes again since I can access it any where as long as I have the access to the Internet ^_^!
Here’s just 3 steps to get it:
- Know where your notes is stored on your computer – it’s in here “%AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt”
- Get a “magic” dropbox folder – so as you will be able to have a free storage folder on the Internet.
- Make some effort to have your dropbox folder do the syncing for you.
- Symbolic link (recommend Link Shell Extension)
- The location of the “data” of the notes i.e. in %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt and using symbolic link (referenced from source)
How to sync the notes:
- Go to the notes data file and create a symbolic link
- Save the symbolic link in your dropbox folder
Hope that helps!